The 300AAC Blackout is a new and interesting cartridge that has been endorsed and embraced by manufacturers and shooter more than any other modern rifle in recent memory. The 300AAC Blackout gives an AR-15 shooter the ability to fire a 7.62/.308 bullet from an AR-15 sized weapon. In fact there is only one part that needs to be changed on an AR-15 to fire 300AAC Blackout. That one part is the barrel. EVERY OTHER PART is the same including the bolt and magazine. Additionally the 300AAC Blackout is well suited for hunting, defense and with subsonic loads is a great suppressed round.
For me this project became a no brainer as I am waiting for approval for an AAC 7.62-SDN-6 sound suppressor and the two will go so well together.
Below is a hardware list for the parts used in this project. I have also provided links to my sources as well as any special notes. Pictures soon: You can also follow the project in it’s entirety here.
- UPPER RECEIVER – CMMG FLAT TOP
- LOWER RECEIVER – CMMG MOD4SA
- BARREL – WILSON COMBAT MATCH GRADE 16 RECON with CARBINE LENGTH GAS SYSTEM
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP – WILSON COMBAT NP3 COATED BOLT CARRIER GROUP TR-BCA-NP3
- TRIGGER – TIMNEY 3 POUND AR-15 TRIGGER. The Timney trigger does not include trigger pins. If you order lower parts kits without triggers you will also need to purchase a set of trigger pins.
- HANDGUARD – WILSON COMBAT TR-TRIM-7 AR-15 HANDGUARD – Require a 1 3/16 open end or crow foot wrench to tighten the prprietary barrel nut.
- BUTTSTOCK – WILSON ROGERS SUPER STOC
- MAGPUL MOE+ PISTOL GRIP
- CHARGING HANDLE – MECHARMOR TACOPS-1 AMBIDEXTROUS CHARGING HANDLE
- SAFETY – BATTLE ARMS DEVELOPMENT BAD A.S.S AMBIDEXTROUS SAFETY
- JP RIFLES JPGS-2B AR-15 ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK
- AAC 762-SDN-6 SOUND SUPPRESSOR
- AAC BLACKOUT™ 51T MUZZLE BRAKE 100185
- GAS TUBE – Spikes Tactical Melonite Coated Gas Tube
- LOWER PARTS KIT – Armalite M15 Lower Parts Kit Less Trigger
- BROWNELLS STOCK COMPLETION KIT